Thursday, September 29, 2011

Fall Mantle

Two posts in one week!  I'm on a roll, lol.  I forgot how time consuming photo editing and blogging can be, but I'm glad to be getting in the swing again.  My crafty skills are also rusty from their summer vacation, the fall banner I made today took me way longer than usual.  That's okay, though, I totally enjoyed making this project.  Ready to see what I made?

I was inspired by the banner that Nichole Heady made last year for her mantle.  To make the individual banners, I cut a terracotta tile banner, embossed it with my Seeing Spots CB folder, sponged it with Tea Dye Distress ink and layered it over a larger banner in dark chocolate.  I used MFT's large scallop die to die cut strips of summer sunrise cardstock which I embossed with my Polka Dot CB folder and sponged with Antique Linen Distress ink.  The rosettes were made using Martha Stewart paper.  The fall leaves were die cut with a nestie and secured with a large dimensional.  The glittered letters are Thickers from American Crafts.  To finish off the banner, I attached it to some orange ribbon and added brown buttons in between the banners.  I'm so happy with the way it turned out!

Since our living room is decorated in oranges, browns, and reds, decorating for fall is so easy in this room!  I just switched the greenery for a fall one, added a few gourds and nuts, threw in my new banner, and presto! my mantle is ready for the new season.  That's my type of decorating! Thanks for stopping by!

Sunday, September 25, 2011

Papertrey Ink Blog Hop

Well, hello there.  It's been forever since I've posted on here.  Between making over my office, taking on additional work, and preparing for our vacation, blogging and papercrafting in general fell off the wayside.  But, everything seems to be returning to normal and I'm hoping I'll have more time to play in my new room (I'll post pictures soon!)

I had some time this afternoon to participate in Papertrey's monthly blog hop.  Here's what I came up with:

You can visit Nichole's blog to review the details for the challenge and play along.  For this card, I used two PTI sets that have been sitting unused on my desk for a while, Boy Basics: Rock On and Grunge Me.  I kept the card rather simple and used repeating patterns in bright colors.  The guitars were die cut using the coordinating Rock On die.

Thanks for stopping by!