Pages

Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Tag Card

Good Morning!  I'm back today with another card that I made for Valentine's Day.  This card was also inspired by a Pinterest find, you can see the original card HERE.  This card was for my mom so I changed the color scheme to fit her tastes and since she loves green and butterflies, why not combine the two :)


To make the card I used a Cuttlebug embossing folder to texture a white piece of cardstock and then added a layer of background paper.  I used a library card pocket to hold the tag and I embellished it with a doily, some twine, a trio of felt stars and some sequins.


The sentiment on the little tag is from Verve Stamps.  To string the stars on the twine I used a large needle and my paper piercer to pre-punch the holes.


I finished off the piece with a little bit of Valentine's Day washi tape.  I like that this is a holiday card with out being overboard on the sentiments and hearts and pink and red.


I stamped a large shipping tag with this cute fairy stamp and added a die cut and stamped butterfly to the edge.  I added a vellum star behind the butterfly for some added layers.


Thanks for stopping by!


No comments: