Pages

Friday, February 13, 2015

Valentine's Day Card - Black Butterfly

Happy Friday!  I'm here today with a card that I made for Valentine's Day.  Lately I haven't been making as many cards as I used to and I find that it takes me a while to start feeling creative.  Since I didn't have much time to spend making this year's cards, I decided to take some inspiration from Pinterest.  Some of the cards, I just copied exactly as I saw them, others I altered to fit my taste and supplies.  THIS is the card that inspired today's card.  And, here's my version of the card:


I changed my color scheme to make it suitable for V-day and added some background print in gray as well.  I kept all the elements that I loved from the card: the stenciled background, the paint splatters and the textured butterfly.


A lot of the supplies are from different Heidi Swapp lines.  I used her background stencil, color shine sprays, background stamp, and gold glitter paper.  The bubble embellishments are from Queen & Co.


Have you made your Valentine's Day cards yet?

No comments: