Pages

Saturday, February 18, 2012

A Manly{ish} Card

I know!!  It's like a record for me, three posts in one week.  I'm working on cutting back on several commitments so I can gain back some more crafty time, I'm really missing it.

So, today I have a manly-ish card to show you.  The -ish is because it has pink in it, and swirls, and pearls.  But I still think it can be considered manly.  Here, take a look:

I made this card for my dad for Valentine's Day.  Yep, I still exchange cards and small gifts with my family.  I'm always up for any holiday that involves presents! :)  So, is it too girly?  Aldo thinks it it.  But what does he know?  There's not a single bow on this one!

I started off with a smokey shadow cardstock base that I double stamped with the largest flourish from my PTI Fancy Flourishes stamp set.  Then I added a doily, that I misted with pink Tattered Angels mist.  Honestly, I didn't expect it to come out so pink, but it is Valentine's Day after all.  Once it dried, I stamped it with the same flourish pattern in black ink.  I die cut several book page layers with MFT's jumbo scallop border die, staggered the layers, and slightly curled them with my fingers for added dimension.  I added a section of pleated black ribbon to hide the seam between the border layers and the doily.  The star was die cut out of more smokey shadow cardstock and stamped with watermark ink using several stamps out of the Grunge Me stamp set.  The sentiment was stamped in black ink.  I couldn't help it and added three back pearls on the top right corner, it needed a little something up there. :)

Well, there you have it, my manly-ish Valentine's Day card.  What to you think?

Supplies
Cardstock: smokey shadow - PTI
Stamps: Fancy Flourishes - PTI, Grunge Me - PTI, Boy Basics: Game On - PTI
Ink: tuxedo black - Memento, Versamark watermark ink, pink Tattered Angels mist
Dies: jumbo scallop border - MFT, star - Spellbinders
Etc: black pearls - Pizzazz Aplenty, paper doily - Hobby Lobby; pleated ribbon

No comments: