Pages

Saturday, April 9, 2011

Case Study

Hi guys, long time no blog, huh.  I'm back today with a card for this week's Case Study challenge.  This week's inspiration card kept running through my mind when I sat down to craft yesterday and I happened to have some butterflies colored in the inspiration colors so I just went with it.

I tried to keep as true to the card as possible without directly copying the sketch.  The orange paper is from pink paislee.  For the bottom scalloped panel, cut a piece of Hawaiian Shores cardstock, stamped my sentiment in brown ink and added two score lines on either side of the sentiment before punching the border with a Martha Stewart punch.  Some felt ric rac, an orange button, and brown twine completed this panel.  The white panel is stamped in brown with PTI's Fancy Flourishes.  I stamped the largest butterfly from Blue Skies, colored them with copics, cut them out and attached them with glue dots.  Some brown bling on the butterflies and on the bottom scallop finished off the card.

Thanks for stopping by today!

7 comments:

Ann said...

This is so beautiful Thanks for sharing

Michele said...

Beautiful Card; the colors are absolutely perfect, the butterflies are gorgeous and that's a very sweet sentiment. Very well done! :)

Jennipher said...

Leslie I just love those butterflies you stamped and fussy cut. Beautiful card. I'm your newest follower.

Ravengirl said...

Gorgeous! Love those butterflies and the flourish backing them is very nice too!

Sue said...

butterflies and flourishes ar
e a match made in heaven! A beautiful tribute to Silke's creation!
Thank you for joining in the Silke fun at CASE study this week! :)

Amy Sheffer said...

Awesome, Leslie! Fantastic job with the case study!!

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

Oh wow, this is superb! I love these butterflies, they pop right off the screen!