Pages

Saturday, October 29, 2011

Silhouette Cameo

My new Silhouette Cameo came in on Thursday and I immediately put it to good use making crafty stuff for the house.  The first thing I made was a vinyl "welcome" sign for my front door.  So, my front door that used to look like this:

Now looks like this today:

I'm so pleased with the way the machine works and the way the sign came out.  If only I could learn how to attach things in a straight line, sigh.  Aldo was very quick to point out how crooked the lettering was, but it really doesn't bother me all that much, yet. :)  I have a feeling I'll be using this machine a whole lot more than my Cricut.  While my Cricut sat unused on a shelf, this new Cameo is sitting right on my desk within easy reach and readily attached to my computer.

I painted the front door last Saturday using some left over paint from another project.  I was expecting it to be a more burgundy red, but was pleasantly surprised by the pretty, deep orange it reflects in the sun.  I think it works with the brick.  Now the only think left to do is paint the wood trim white and add some Thanksgiving decor to our tiny entryway.

I have a couple of cards that I made this week, I'll try to take pictures and post them later on in the week.

Have a great weekend!!

2 comments:

Ashley said...

LOVE IT!!!!

Anonymous said...

Your door looks great!!! I have a hard time lining things up so I use plumbing lines...basically a string with a weight on it to help me line up borders and such.