Pages

Sunday, December 11, 2011

Christmas Time

Wow, why does it always seem like Christmas just sneaks up on me?  This year's no different, I'm rushing around trying to get everything done before the 25th, but this year, thanks to Pinterest, I at least had an idea of how I wanted to decorate the house.

I decided to go with bronze, chocolate, and gold this year.  We also bought a new Christmas tree and we went with a slim line tree.  I wasn't sure I was going to like it, but it's just the right size for the front window.  Since there was a huge gap of wall next to the tree, I decided to add a decorated teardrop garland to fill in the space.

For the mantle and throughout the house, I continued the same color pattern and incorporated lots of mercury glass onto the mantle decor.  The mercury glass Christmas tree was my favorite find this year.  I found it at Hobby Lobby and it was the only one I ever saw there.  I'm so glad I picked it up!

I kept the coffee table rather simple and uncluttered since the table is at the same height as my dog's tails and they always seem to knock off whatever's on it.  I used candle sticks to make the candles seem like they're different sizes and filled the tray in with leftover picks and ornaments from my other projects.  It was a quick and simple centerpiece.

Today's Aldo's birthday so I'm rather busy making his birthday dinner but I've got a couple of cards and other Christmas goodies to post later on this week.

Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

Ashley said...

Love it all Les! Such a classic look.