Pages

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

A Glittery Tutorial

Hi!  I'm here today with a tutorial on how to make glittered ornaments.  I apologize for the terrible pictures in advance, I didn't realize they were turning out so bad until today! :(  The materials you'll need for this project are clear glass ornaments (not the iridescent type), fine glitter, and Pledge Tile and Vinyl floor cleaner, yup you read that right, lol.  You'll also need something to protect your surface with and a towel to clean up spills.

Step 1:  Carefully remove the top part of the ornament taking care not to crack it.
Step 2:  Squirt a liberal amount of Pledge into the ornament and very lightly swirl it around making sure you coat the entire inside.  Don't shake it, this will cause bubbles that will mess with the finished results.
 Step 3:  Pour the excess fluid back into the bottle and let it drain slightly.  If there are any bubble lightly tap the ornament or pop them with a q-tip.

Step 4:  Fill the ornament about 1/3 of the way with glitter and shake until all the sides are coated.

Step 5:  Pour out the excess glitter, carefully replace the cap back on the ornament and admire your handy work.

That's all there is to it.  Easy peasy, right?  I hope you enjoy making your own glittered ornaments!  If you have any questions, post them in the comments section and I'll try to answer them quickly.

Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

Decor To Adore said...

You are my kind of Christmas crafting genius. :)

So glad I found your project via Centsational Girl.

I would love for you to visit DTA as I am in the midst of a "Gifts You Can Make" series.

Be merry and bright!

Anonymous said...

The glitter doesn't come back off after it dries?

This is way cool!
Thanks!

Leslie Rodriguez said...

Nope, it's pretty stuck on there. The floor cleaner is a bit sticky so it gives it staying power. I have some that I made last year and they still look like new. :)