Pages

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Say Charge!

Well, I didn't get a chance to take pictures of the Prickley Pear submissions, but I did take some pictures of a card I made for the weekly MFT challenge on Splitcoast Stampers. The challenge was to use an uninked set. Since MFT had a great sale a couple of weeks ago, I actually had several sets to choose from! I'm going to have to give my new MFT stamps some serious love soon!
I stamped the main image onto white cardstock (I use Hammermill cardstock) with Memento Tuxedo Black ink. I colored the image with Copic markers and kept the scheme with the pink, grey, and black. I attached a tiny hot pink gemstone to the center of the flower on the bag for a little more pizzaz. The sheer black ribbon is attached with a We R Memory Keepers designer grommet. I found the grommets on clearance at Hobby Lobby a few days ago.

I finished out the inside to complete the card. For some reason, I always have a harder time deciding on the inside layout than the outside! Go figure! I made a black border with the Fiskars Treading Water border punch and made a circle tag using one of the smaller images from the stamp set. The edge of the tag is inked in Memento London Fog and attached with pop dots, but the picture doesn't show it that well.

Paper: DCWV - All Dressed Up; Hammermill white cardstock; black, pink, and silver cardstock
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Memento London Fog
Accessories: pink satin ribbon, black sheer ribbon, We R Memory Keepers Designer Grommet, Copic markers, pop dots, rhinestone

That's it for today. Thank you for joining me.

No comments: