Pages

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Elegant Butterfly

Well, we've had some cold weather lately in the DFW area and they gave us the day off due to the ice on the roads.  Yippee!!  More papercrafting time for me! :)  I'm back today to show you a card I made using Viva La Verve's sketch for this week.

I was trying to go for a more masculine/all occasion card, but I couldn't resist adding a butterfly.  The designer paper is from Cosmo Cricket's Circa 1934 paper pad.  To make the center panel, I die cut the white panel using a nestie and sponged it with blue chalk ink.  I then, die cut a smaller panel out black cardstock and three patterned papers.  I folded the ribbon in half and tied it into a knot.  The butterfly was die cut out of book print and edged with a black copic marker.  I attached it to the ribbon using a pin and folded the wings on the butterfly upwards for additional dimension.  I was so tempted to add some bling, but tried to keep it as masculine as possible. :)

No comments: