Pages

Monday, February 21, 2011

Wishing You

Good morning!  I'm so thankful for this three day weekend, I sure could use it.  I was feeling under the weather since earlier last week and this weekend has really helped.  Last night I was the first time since early in the week that I was able to sit down and create something, so I pulled out the final VLV sketch and got to work.

This turned out so different from how I envisioned it, but I'm pretty pleased with it.  I started off with hot fudge and ripe avocado cardstock for the base and used Pink Paislee patterned paper, ripping and distressing the green one so the cream paper peeked through.  Then I went to town with my glimmer mists, adding them to both the paper and the stripped ribbon.  For the middle square I used sheet music from an old hymnal.  I crumpled up and tattered the edges then heavily distressed it with tea dye ink.  Another ticket from ideaology was stapled to the egde.  I layered a crystal flourish and added a bookplate from ideaology with the sweet sentiment from PTI's Signature Series: Butterfly stamp set.  I finished it off with some green crinkly ribbon and a vintage key.

Happy President's Day!!

1 comment:

Erin Smetak said...

WOW! This is amazing! I love it! I was scanning through my google reader and spotted this and just had to comment!