Pages

Friday, March 4, 2011

Resurrection Joy

Whew, where has the time gone?  It feels like forever since I've blogged and even longer since I've played in my scrap room.  I finally got a card done by taking a few minutes here and there and I have to admit, it's taken me a while to get my creative mojo flowing lately.  Well, hopefully that's behind me and I can get down to papercrafting again.  So, ready to see my card?

I made this card using some new Prickley Pear stamps that came in the mail last week.  To begin with, I attempted to make a subtle background on harvest gold card stock with versamark ink, but it ended up being too subtle :\  I decided to use some more of my Webster's Pages stash since it coordinated so well with my yellow and blue color scheme.  The oval frame and the sentiment are from Prickley Pear's new stamp release.  I framed the sentiment and frame with more harvest gold cardstock and matted it onto an enchanted evening Mat Stack 4 die cut.  A crystal flourish and a pearl swirl finish out the card.

Quick tip: To make sure your patterned paper completely spans your card, cut your piece wider than your card.  Attach it to your card front, flip it over and trim the excess with a sharp craft knife.

One more picture before I go:

This silly one is lounging here with me while I attempt to get my room back in order.  At least he's taking a nap instead of trying to root through my trashcan. :)

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: