Pages

Sunday, October 25, 2009

Memory Book

My friend's grandfather died recently and I mentioned how many memories she had of him and how she wanted to write them down. With this in mind, I created a memory book for her to write stories of her granparents, attach pictures, etc. I purposely left the pages inside unlined so she would be free to add anything she wants to them.
I made the notebook using a pair of 8x8 covers and 1-1/2 inch coil from Bind It All. The covers were covered in designer paper from K and Co and sponged with London Fog ink to give them an aged look. I wanted to leave some blank space on the front for her to add a picture of her grandparents to the cover. To continue with the aged look, I used a Tim Holtz nameplate to frame her family name and I added Diamond Glaze to the inner oval to give it a shiny look.
The little tag attached to the key ring translated to "Memories of my Grandparents". This key ring is a left over part from my camera's broken strap. It sure came in handy for this project. I think it adds just the right touch.
I also created a simple card to complement the notebook. I think this is the fastest card I've ever made. It only took 10 minutes to make!Here's a picture of the set together: I apologize for the long post and so many pictures!! Did you make it to the end? If so, thanks for hanging in there!

No comments: