Pages

Sunday, October 11, 2009

A Little Dirty

MFT is having another challenge over at the Splitcoast Stampers Forum!! This week's So You Think You Can Stamp challenge is to make a card that has an unexpected flip, swing, or twist. Kim purposely left the challenge rather vague which was driving my overly analytical mind B-A-N-A-N-A-S! Lol. After much thought and consideration, here's what I came up with:
I added an extra flair to this swing card by cutting the inside panel with a Label One nestie instead of a traditional rectangle. I decided to add quite a few different elements to this card, including: rhinestones, diamond glaze, lots of paper piecing, and liquid applique. Can you spot them all on the card?

Here's what the card looks like on the inside:
The girls skin is colored with copics and the tub, dress, and TV were colored with prismacolors. The floors were made using a journaling pen, a copic marker, and diamond glaze. The mirror in the bathroom scene is a metal flower with a tiny mirror fitted inside. The hem on the girl's outfit is puffed up with liquid applique that I painted pink with reinkers and a tiny brush.

Supplies:
Paper - Basic Grey: Sultry, black cardstock, pink paper
Stamps - MFT: Time for the Bubbly, Maid for You; SU: Baroque Motifs
Inks - Memento: Angel Pink, Tuxedo Black, London Fog
Extras - pink rhinestones, liquid applique, diamond glaze, metal brad flower, round mirror
Color Tools - Copics, prismacolors, OMS

This challenge took several of us out of our comfort zones in many ways. Although I like to stick to familiar territory, I'm glad I got the chance to participate and explore new techniques. I'm looking forward to the next challenges and new techniques. Care to join along? Check out the MFT forum for all the information and details HERE!

2 comments:

Pink Room Therapy Designs said...

Congratulations on your win! Your card is awesome! Absolutely awesome and I will need to see if I can CASE your creativity!

MacKenzie said...

This is totally fab! Love it! I gave you a shout out on my Friday Faves.