Pages

Monday, November 22, 2010

Fall Bird

When I first posted about this beautiful stamp from Prickley Pear, I mentioned that with the right colored bling, you could transform this card to fit any season.  This one is my interpretation of fall.

I used some beautiful Webster's patterned paper for my background and added some burlap in the form of an accent strip and flower for a more rustic feel.  I stamped my image onto cream cardstock using brown ink and blinged it up with several goodies from Pizzazz Aplenty.  I pulled out some peridot rhinestones, orange frosted pearls, and pearls in peridot, brown, and orange. 

Pizzazz Aplenty sells a gel stick that is perfect for picking up these small embellishments and helping you position them right where you want them.  To get them to stick, I squeeze out a dab of crystal effects onto some scrap paper and add the glue got the back of my rhinestones with a toothpick.  Just a tiny dab provides the right amount of hold for my rhinestones and pearls.

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: