Pages

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Supply and Demand...

That's the theme of this month's MFT Guest Designer challenge.  We were challenged to base our project around a office/school supply theme.  Here's what I came up with:

I stocked up on several pencil cases during back to school time earlier this year.  I plan on using them to make gift holders for the holiday season.  I thought this pink one would be perfect for my project!  I cut a piece of black cardstock, punched the edges with my MS star border punch and layered some Bazzill swiss dot paper.  I tied a large bow with some wide stripped ribbon.  I added some doodles to my Maya Road library card pocket with my white gel pen.  It still seemed a bit plain so I added some pink stamped stars around the library card.  My main image is from MFT's I{heart} books stamp set and her book is paper pieced with some of my favorite SEI paper.  I die cut my image and ran a copic around the edge to add some dimension.  Our little bookworm's glasses were glossed with a Sakura glaze pen and her headband was blinged out with the help of a stardust pen.  A couple of paperclips and a library clip finish out my project. 

I love using pencil cases as gift holders, they're the right size to hold small items such a mittens, a tie, candy, beauty supplies, or you can fill the case with some tissue paper and nestle a gift card in there.  And, the container can be used again and again by the recipient.  They're perfect for those last minute small gifts for teachers, neighbors, co-workers, etc.

Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

Susie said...

Leslie, this is adorable! A wonderful gift idea for anyone, but, a teen girl would especially love this.