Pages

Saturday, November 20, 2010

SFYTT Birthday Card

Good morning sunshines!!  It's a beautiful Saturday morning here in North Texas.  I've got plans to do some Christmas shopping and then hang out with Aldo's cousins in the evening, I'm looking forward to a great day!  Last night I stayed up until 2 in the morning playing in my scrappy room and then suddenly remembered Jen's SFYTT and decided to use it to make my dad's birthday card.  Here's this week's sketch:

And here's what I came up with:

As you can tell, I changed it a bit, but that's the beauty of a sketch, it's just a guideline for your imagination!  I rotated the sketch onto it's side, changed the layering and the shape of the rectangle to a circle and changed the square into a rectangle.  I pulled out some Graphic 45 and MME paper that I've been hoarding and gladly cut into it.  Originally, I had envisioned the card with a bluer motif, but I'm really happy with the results.  I stamped my image using vintage photo distress ink and die cut it with a nestie.

That's all I've got today, I hope you have a wonderful weekend!

2 comments:

Amy Sheffer said...

What a fantastic masculine look and feel, Leslie! I love that image! Fantastic job with the SFYTT, too!

jimlynn said...

Well, I'm down here in South Texas and yes, we actually had sunshine today too!
Your card is just simply fantastic. Sensational and I love everything about it. You do beautiful work.
Lynn