Pages

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Howdy Partner

This year, I promised myself that I would make every effort to make my special occasion cards and deliver them on time this year.  So, in looking through my stash of Prickley Pear stamps, I decided that the cowboy theme fit very nicely with Father's Day.  Here's what I came up with:

The front panel was stamped on an MFT cream perfect panel.  On the inside, I decided to use several pieces of twine to hold my easel card open.  Both stars were cut with my cricut, embossed with a cuttlebug folder, and the larger star was scored and folded for a 3-D Texas star effect.  Both stars were also sponged with distress inks for added depth.

Supplies
Paper: MFT cream perfect panel, Bazzil preppie, craft cardstock
Stamps: Prickey Pear - cowboy, windmill, howdy partner, happy father's day
Inks: Memento - Rich Cocoa, Brilliance - Chocolate, Distress Ink - Vintage Photo, Tea Dye
Accessories: twine, cricut, cuttlebug embossing folder - victoria, scoreboard, distressing tool

So how are you coming along with your New Year's resolutions?

No comments: