Pages

Saturday, March 27, 2010

Spring Time and Cheer Up

Hi guys, I'm back with two cards today.  The first one is based on this week's Mercy sketch.  I used my new Kioshi pad from Basic Grey and an image from Prickley Pear that I had previously watercolored using twinkling H2O's.  I stamped and embossed the image onto watercolor paper and used my twinkling H2O's like watercolors to color the image.  I love how they give just the right amount of shimmer to give the image some pizazz without making it overwhelming.  Anyways, here's the card:

And a closeup of the stamped panel:

The paper did warp a bit from the watercoloring and embossing, but not enough to bother me.

Supplies:
papers: Kioshi Basic Grey, watercolor paper, green cardstock
stamp: Prickley Pear
other: ribbon, button, twine, brads

I also made another card for a friend who's been having a hard time lately.  I'm hoping to give it to her paired with a little box of candies to help cheer her up.  It's hard to be sad when you're eating some chocolate! :) 

I used a previous Mojo Monday sketch and some new SEI paper I picked up recently.  I only bought one sheet, but I can already tell I'll be back for more.  When I first saw this stamp at Verve, it just called to me.  I loved what the verse was saying, to me it seems like a hopeful message.

Supplies:
papers: SEI, BoBunny, DCWV, black and white cardstock
stamp: Verve - Plain Jane
other: black ribbon, pink rhinestones

I'm experimenting with a fun project this weekend and I'm hoping for good results so I can share with ya'll (yes, I'm a Texas girl!) on Monday.  Wish me luck!

Enjoy your weekend.

No comments: