Pages

Friday, August 13, 2010

Chicken Soup

Howdy!  Today I'm sharing a card that I made using this week's TCP Tuesday challenge.  The Cat's Pajamas has a great sale last week and I couldn't resist picking up a couple of sets to add to my collection.  I've been asked a couple of times to make some get well cards and I don't have any stamps that really fit, so I picked up this set, thinking it's a must!  The images are just so darn cute!

I made the card using a SFYTT sketch from a few weeks back that I meant to use and never got around to.  The background paper is from my Cosmo Cricket paper pad that I picked up a couple of months ago and just haven't gotten around to using.  Note to self: create more stuff with your new toys! The craft panels were embossed with a cuttlebug folder and highlighted by lightly dragging a distress ink pad across the raised portions.  I wanted to keep my image nice and clean, so I just added some subtle shading with my gray copics.  The small button on the corner is mounted on an embossed grungeboard circle and threaded with twine. 

Have a great weekend!

1 comment:

Susie said...

Leslie, I noticed that you design for Prickly Pear. I just recently purchase my first Prickly Pear Stamp. It's the retro woman w/apron. My local paper crafting store has started to carry the Prickly Pear line. I love southwestern stamps and I'm always on the look out for stamps that depict the beauty of the southwest. Your card is very nice and it follows the color challenge well. I'm partial to chicken soup too {smiling}. Nice job.