Pages

Saturday, September 11, 2010

Card Sketch Challenge

Happy Saturday!!  Prickley Pear is sponsoring this weeks sketch challenge over at Card Patterns.  They asked a couple of us from the design team to play along with them this week.  Here's this week's sketch:

And here's what I came up with:

A coworker asked me for a girlie horse theme card for a friend of hers and I'd been wanting to use this beautiful flourished horse stamp for a while now.  I stamped my horse with Brilliance ink and embossed it clear embossing powder.  I then sponged it with my pink Memento ink to give a soft pink glow.  I stamped my stars using Fresh Snow ink on some pink PTI cardstock, embossed them with clear detail power, cut them out, and lightly sponged them with tea dye distress ink to give them a bit of depth.  I edged some more pink cardstock with my MS star border punch and layered some pink cowgirl themed paper I picked up a while back at my LSS.  Some rhinestone swirls and a loop of twine complete the card.

I'll be heading over to the CKC Convention in San Marcos next weekend with my mom and my aunt.  I'm so excited, I can't wait!!  Is anyone else out in blogland going?

1 comment:

meg83 said...

I love this horse stamp may I ask where you got it from??