Pages

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Holiday Bird

Prickley Pear's new Christmas stamps include a beautiful bird perched on a tree.  I love the versatility of this stamp set, traditional colors with render a lovely holiday card, soft pastels will yield a perfect spring card, earthy tones will make it perfect for fall.

I chose to go with traditional gold and red to make a festive card since the holiday season will be here before you know it and I'll need a head start making Christmas cards.

I stamped the image on white cardstock using rich cocoa ink from Memento.  I colored my bird in with copics, added some stardust pen and swirled the sparkles around using an aquapainter filled with alcohol (a technique I learned from Jen Del Muro), and added half back pearls in red and white from Pizzazz Aplenty.  The image was die cut using my new nestie labels set, I love the new sets that were recently released, they have an elegant feel to them!  I edged the panel with gold ink to finish it off.  The background panel is from Jillibean soup and I added a few more pearls to the side to add some interest.  The sparkly stripped panel is from DCWV and I just couldn't resist adding a soft bow to my card.

Prickley Pear has several holiday images that can help you make wonderful, homemade cards this season.  Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: