Pages

Monday, January 17, 2011

Square Cards

Hi guys!!  I'm back with a couple of card that I created with inspiration from this lovely card by Dawn McVey.  I love her clean yet colorful cards!!

For this first card, I stamped a strip of polka dots from PTI's polka dots basics II stamp set in Shabby Shutters distress ink.  Slightly above it, I attached a glimmer misted paper doily and added some satin ribbon right in between the dots and the doily.  I stamped a piece of simply chartreuse cardstock with PTI's library card in Fresh Snow ink and then die cut it using a nestie.  I die cut several layers of book print using PTI's Signature Series Butterfly die and then hand sewed them onto the card using embroidery floss.  A simple sentiment on the right hand corner finishes off this card.

For this card, I stamped a strip of text style II in peeled paint, used the other half of the glimmer misted doily, and swapped out the thicker ribbon for a brighter green ribbon and added a button to the bow for added detail.  This library card was printed onto craft cardstock, stamped with a flourish from the Embellishments stamp set and then glimmer misted.  I love how the glimmer mist made the distress ink run slightly to give it an aged look.  The dress form was die cut and stamped using PTI's Signature Series dress form.

I think these cards will make a great note card set for a quick hostess gift.  What do you think?

Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

Kristie W. said...

Fantastic cards! Love the color combo and the layered butterfly is awesome, especially with that text paper.